Fit real estate agent. That’s what every professional in the industry aspires to be. Yet, with urgent timelines, non-traditional working hours and a myriad of client and family demands, finding time to be fit can be challenging. I was honored today to bring on to the show, a friend and the owner and founder of Muscles in Motion, Diana Del Garbino, to teach us how to proceed.
For those that don’t know Diana, she worked as a police officer on the SWAT team in Southern California prior to founding Muscles in Motion and so she understands the need to be healthy and strong more than most. Additionally, Diana recently had a major surgery that didn’t go well and doctors said that had she not been as strong and healthy as she is, she would not have survived. Along those same lines, with COVID-19 wreaking havoc on the health of millions of people around the world, being healthy or unhealthy is no longer just something that may catch up to us at some point down the road. It may very well be a life or death situation for any one of us at any time.
Some of the topics that we discussed were:
- Why being healthy is so important.
- The things that we are missing out on by not having the strength and energy to engage in them.
- Just how great life can be when we are healthy and fit.
- A change of paradigm around exercise. We can workout at a more intense pace fewer days and for less time than we think. If done right, moving every day and then focused workouts for 2 days a week for just 30 minutes can help us progress towards being healthy and fit.
- Nutrition- eat healthy food that you like, but don’t go back for seconds.
- Sleep- go to bed without electronics at the same time. You can’t underestimate the value of sleep on your ability to think, have good judgment, reason, process, and eat in proper proportions.
The late Jim Rohn once said: “If you don’t take care of our body, where are you going to live? To which I would add, if you don’t take care of your body, how are you ever going to live the life that you actually want to live?